Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

My kids and I took a 5 day weekend to visit my cousin and her family in Ft. Drum, NY. Thursday morning before we set out on our 6 hour trip, I hopped on the scale hoping to see a friendly number. I did!! It was 205. I'm not sure why, but this number was absolutely thrilling!! I smiled so happily and got dressed with more confidence than I've had in at least 3 years.

I thought about this number constantly throughout the last 5 days. I couldn't even bear the thought of seeing anything higher at the end of my trip. The scary part is, I didn't count any calories and I was pretty sedentary the entire trip (I burned fewer calories on each of  those 5 days than I do in a normal work day when I sit at my desk all day). It was a kick back and relax type of weekend that can easily pack on pounds...the thought was daunting.

Because of my long weekend/ mini vacation, I gave myself a week break from TurboFire last week after my last official weigh-in/measure. This week, I'll be starting week 9 which focuses on HIIT workouts. They are fast and furious which I like because being a mom of three it can be hard (but it's not impossible) to fit in a long workout. I start tonight...I can't wait!! I'm hoping to see big changes on the scale this week as well. I can taste being under 200lbs. It's just sooo close!!!

<3 Erin

BTW: The scale said 205 this morning. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment