Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Recent Change

Just last week, I started eating Lean Cuisine frozen dinners for my lunch with a serving of fruit. Prior to that, I had been eating a subway sandwich packed with veggies, a bag of baked lays, and a chocolate chip cookie. While all of those calories were accounted for, I was constantly feeling bloated after lunch and knew deep down that this extremely satisfying lunch wasn't helping in my journey.

Lately, I have been feeling so much better throughout the day. I had always steered clear from frozen processed meals because of the sodium content (among other things), however, it occurred to me that the sodium in the Lean Cuisine is no greater than what I was eating at Subway.

The greatest change this made for me is that I am no longer consuming the majority of my daily calorie goal before 12pm. This is allowing me to enjoy my dinners more and is also giving me wiggle room for a family ice cream outing after dinner or even a missed workout. I'm no longer playing catch-up late at night. We'll see how this helps in the next few weeks...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment