Friday, June 3, 2011

Tough week

I'm having a tough time getting back on the bandwagon with my workouts. I took last week off since I was going to be spending half the week on vacation. While I thought this was a great idea to "reward" my hard work, I'm beginning to think differently. I heard somewhere (but don't remember where) about keeping the integrity of your lifestyle change. By taking days, off I have essentially ruined the integrity of my routine which is making it easier to make excuses to skip my workouts. Here are the excuses I've been using:
  • I'm tired
  • I'll work out extra hard tomorrow
  • Today is my day off
  • I'll start off better next week
  • It's my husbands day off, I'm going to spend time with him
  • I have laundry to do
  • The kids need me to (fill in the blank)
The list could go on and on and on from here. But, quite frankly, those excuses are what got me here in the first place. I'm feeling so great about my progress I can't let my excuses get the best of me and what I deserve. I had thought about starting fresh on Monday, but forget that. I'm going to start tonight. I'm going to do a long cardio workout for the next three days THEN start on week 9 of Turbofire. I can do this...I'm worth it!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment