Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm Skinny!

Well, not exactly. But I've been feeling so great the past few days. My pants are fitting around my waist correctly, my shirts aren't tight across my body, and my boobs are no longer spilling out the sides of my bra. Occasionally, I can even see my collarbone when I look into a mirror. Amazing!!

In my last post, 11 days ago, I was feeling a bit down on the lack of progress in my journey. In hindsight, my Memorial Day weekend probably wasn't as successful as I thought it had been. I had taken a week off of working out and counting my calories was on the back burner for several days. Imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale and 3lbs magically reappeared.  I was feeling weak (figuratively), defeated, and bloated. I got through it though. I stopped worrying about what had been and started controlling what was. Really, when I think back, something like this was usually enough to set me off track indefinitely. But I didn't let it this time. I fought back.

I've been hitting my workouts hard again. I've increased the intensity some which has made them more difficult than they had been. There have even been a couple times when I just didn't have the energy to continue and pushed stop half way through an hour workout. I think this has a lot to do with me working out so late at night (starting no earlier than 9:30pm). My poor body is exhausted at that time of the night and it sometimes doesn't want to give me the energy I need to push through it. But, often times I do. When I finish, I love heading up to shower and to watch the television shows that I DVRd earlier in the evening. This is my favorite part of the day and it's rewarding to experience it after treating myself to a nice hard workout.

I'm just 4lbs away from leaving the 200s!! My goal is to reach that sooner than later, but no later than June 30th. YES I CAN!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment